Andy and Kayla Married!


Andy and Kayla's wedding reminded me just why I shoot weddings: to capture timeless images of an event that symbolizes the fusion of two remarkable people and their families. There was something about this wedding that just clicked with me. I don't know how to describe it, but somehow, I felt this vibe that lasted throughout the night, and helped me capture a ton of images that I am sure will get the newlyweds stoked. I was a second shooter for David Lau, an incredibly talented wedding photographer who I've been working with for over half a dozen weddings. He covered the bride and the bridesmaids, while I followed the groom and the groomsmen prior to the ceremony. The guys were a blast to hang out with, and I managed to capture some of my favorite images from the wedding with them. 

The ceremony took place at the Mid-Pacific Country Club, overlooking the vast expanse of the gulf course, bathed in the afternoon light. Formals were done on the gulf course, and turned out to be a ton of fun for the wedding party, thanks to some gulf carts on hand. The reception was the most memorable for me, because the numerous speeches brought out the fond memories of both the bride and groom. Whether it was the time when Andy convinced Kayla for a month that his college roommate, Jason was a fob (he really wasn't), or the time when Kayla and her friends knocked out the power at a Swedish hotel with their hair driers, the stories were immensely entertaining. There were also tender moments, such as when the maid of honor attempted to sing "For the Rest of Your Life", but couldn't at first, because she was choking back tears. The dancing that followed also brought tears and laughter, as well as seemingly endless energy. 

Anyway, my posts aren't usually this long, but I was so excited to share these images, I really couldn't narrow them down. Congratulations Andy and Kayla! 


resting before the ceremony
got to shoot alongside a very talented video crew. They had 3 shooters and an editor, and cranked out a video ready to show at the reception. David and I were blown away by the footage!
as a second shooter, my job is to back up David when needed. In this case, the video crew had the wedding rings on hand to shoot footage with, so I borrowed the rings and did a ring shot in case David wasn't able to get to it.
getting ready...
ring shot #2 on an iPad  :)

drinks before the ceremony




fancy programs...




the video crew at work with their L glass...
The ceremony begins...


tender hands...
in attendance...






racing the gulf cart :)


having a blast in the gulf carts!
passing drinks...

Kayla learned hula as a surprise for her new husband!
saying prayer...
one of my favorite images :)
Andy's brother sharing childhood memories...
"For the Rest of Your Life"

a very moving performance...

BANZAI!



the groom loves M&Ms, so they got him M&Ms :)
and the dancing begins...





he put on quite a good show!

2 comments :

  1. You have NO IDEA how excited I am that you'll be shooting our wedding!! You never cease to amaze me--it seems like you're learning and growing in your photography every day. Looking forward to August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese! I can't thank you enough for all the work you've done for me. Noelle and I love the shots. It's so great having such a talented photographer to go shoot with :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)