Winter Swell at Waimea!

What people dubbed as the "swell of the decade" rolled in this past Wednesday, and continued into Thursday, with waves reaching as high as 40-50 feet. North Shore was shut down, from the warning signs, to the yellow tape strung all across the beaches. Although I wasn't able to make it out on Wednesday, I decided to try my luck yesterday, heading out early to Waimea Bay to catch some nice morning light. It's been over a year since I last shot surf, so it felt good to listen the thunder of the waves, stand alongside the hundreds of bystanders, and watch the surfers weave in and out of the massive walls of water. 

Shot everything on the D4 + 70-200 VRII + 1.7 TC.

Thanks for reading!














1 comments :

  1. Whoo! When my mom told me about the waves, I was hoping you'd take some pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)