Places: Seattle

Earlier this month, I shot a wedding with the Isle Media team in Seattle. This was our first time shooting there, and we got to stay an extra couple days before the wedding, so we were pretty stoked for the opportunity. I wanted to do some street photography while I was there, but was unsure how I wanted to go about it. The morning after we flew in, Alan and I were walking to a restaurant to meet up with  Brendan, and I randomly shot the image above at an intersection using the B&W mode on my iPhone. As soon as I saw the image, I knew exactly how I wanted to photograph Seattle.

Over the next three days,  my cameras stayed in the bag, and I set out with my iPhone to capture what Seattle means to me. While this was my third time to the city, I took a lot more notice of the modern architecture, especially in the downtown area where there was no shortage of straight lines and glass facades. On Thursday, we did a pre-shoot with our couple, Lisa and Michal, at their place (which had a killer view of the space needle!) and a park with a nice view of the skyline. That evening, I got to shoot some BTS portraits of Brendan's friend, Joe, an up and coming artist with an acoustic, folk style that matched the mysterious vibe of the church that we did the shoot in. 


On Friday, my friend Christine took me around the city, and we got to explore some iconic places (Pike's Place, Gas Works Park) during one of the nicest days I've ever seen in Seattle. That afternoon, I stumbled across "Concert at the Columns," an event put on featuring local artists to bring the community together with music. Listened to some very nice jazz music before walking down to the Space Needle and Olympic Sculpture Park to catch the sunset. It was wedding day on Saturday, and although we got rained out the last half, everyone had a good time and Alan and I were sure to leave an Instax photo for the couple in their album :)

All in all, a very refreshing trip, and I learned just how capable the iPhone camera is :) Enjoy the photos!


































































1 comments :

  1. Yay! Beautiful photos! :) now you just need an instagram.com m account... I'm telling you! ;) come back and visit soon!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)