Curiosity

I'm going to try something new on my blog this week! I'll be posting photos according to a certain theme that has had an impact on me as a photographer. This week, the theme is Candid Portraits.

As a wedding photographer, candids is something that has become part of my style, due to the honesty that it offers from the subject in the photo. Scenes like a quiet moment between the bride and groom, or a child's joyous gesture can be ruined by the interrupting click and flash of the camera. So what do I do? I step back, taking in my surroundings, and quietly capture those priceless moments from a distance that still affords intimacy in the photo.

This same concept carries into my other photography, and I find it useful to capture people accurately in their environment. The shot above was taken at the Honolulu Zoo. This little girl was curiously gazing at some birds when I shot the photo.

Image info: Nikon D300, 80-200mm @ f4.5, ISO 1000, 1/400 sec

1 comments :

  1. Looking through your blog again

    and i see that today wasn't the first day that you've taken a picture of a child on a leash-backpack :P

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)