Lightning Up The Sky


In Hawaii, on the rare occasion that we get lightning, most often, we are confined to watching it behind clouds. The lightning is usually very far away, and we can only imagine what it would look like. Last night was an exception. For some reason, the area of instability over the Windward side produced lightning that was very visible to anyone who decided to venture outside.

 After watching the first few lightning bolts race across the sky, I decided this could be something special and got my camera and tripod. Over the next hour, I snapped about 50 shots. These are my favorite :)

Image info for shots: Nikon D300, 17-50mm, Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod, f9, ISO 400, 30 sec exposures triggered on 2 sec. timer. 





3 comments :

  1. amazing composition. especially the first one. it wish i could have it on my wall!! i would totally hang all of these in my house as art!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaay! I was waiting for these to be put up!
    Oh my gosh that's totally insane!!

    For the longest time, I never thought lightning streaks could even exist in Hawaii.. just the flashes xP

    Great shots Reese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Claire: Thank you! Let me know if you wanna buy a print...if not, I can always send you a resized image for your desktop :)

    @ Kelli: I couldn't wait to post up the images too! Glad you like 'em!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)