Guns 'N Rose

For those of you who've been following my blog for a while, you'll notice that this image is pretty different from my normal portraits. I shot this (no pun intended) with a model, and film set assistant, named Rose a couple years ago in Oregon. Rose has done quite a bit in the film industry, working for shows like Leverage, so it was nice to have a different perspective on the shoot. We were going for a Tomb Raider look, and everything worked out perfectly for the shoot! Rose was able to get her hands on a bunch of cool props, ranging from ammo belts, to a pair of real Beretta M9 pistols (one is featured in this shot) that had their firing pins removed.

Image info: Nikon D300, 17-50mm @ f9, ISO 400, 1/80 sec
bare SB800 fired high camera left, bare SB600 fired behind Rose's head via CLS. I rarely shoot my flashes without diffusion, but felt in this case, hard light was the way to go to preserve the mood of the image :)

**Gotta give a big thank you to my friend Jordan, who was my assistant during the shoot, and helped hold the strobes in the rain and wind. Thanks Jordan!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)