Guest Blog with Kelli Urabe!


Hey guys! Decided to try something new here. I asked my friend Kelli to do a guest blog post! Kelli and I went on a few photo adventures over the summer, and were able to bounce around some ideas for blogging. Being a blogger herself, Kelli brings a different voice and perspective to an important topic that I often overlook: the reason behind clicking the shutter. I'll let Kelli take over from here :D



----------


Photos! Why do I take them? Why are they so important? What do they mean to me?
Well, photos are my way of remembering things. It’s like visual journal writing. Sometimes things aren’t easily explained with just words alone. It’s better with something to see. That is why whenever I have the chance to take a photo (and I have a camera on me) I do it.

For instance:
Sneaking a photo during our pregame performance in Autzen Stadium so that I can remember what it looks like to be on the field in front of a crowd of over 59,000 fans.


Or to just snapping a photo of me and my siblings on a family vacation.


Or that time when my friend was wearing an OSU shirt, and I was wearing a UofO shirt.


Or even just coming across some of the most adorable ducklings I have ever seen!


I don’t want to miss a beat! And I don’t know about you guys, but something I’ve been noticing lately is how fast time has been passing me by. Like how I can’t believe that Reese asked me to write this almost a whole month ago! D:

Or, where on earth did my summer break go?

Or how I’m entering my senior year of college, but I feel like I just started my freshman year!
Seriously, where has all the time gone? What have I been doing?
Any time that I run into this feeling, I find myself looking through my albums on Facebook.  I have about 60+ albums currently up, including two that hold my Project 365 (photo a day) that I recently completed this past summer.  Project 365 is one of the most satisfying projects that I have finished. It’s not just the act of taking the photo every day, but the mentality of finding something significant day to day, even if it is just something small. You’d be surprised exactly how much can happen in a year. It’s nice to see it all in one place.



Anyways, if you haven’t already concluded, I take tons and tons of photos. Haha

However, recently I’ve come to realize that taking photos isn’t just for my memories, but others as well.

I remember one time someone said to me “Kelli, how am I supposed to have any memories if you’re not around?” Being the resident photographer in a group of friends can be very satisfying because my photos aren’t just for me to enjoy, but everyone else too :)




So whether it’s for clients, family, friends or just yourself, keep taking photos!

Cause time will just keep moving on, and you won’t want to forget it.


Capturing memories… it’s one of the best parts of life :D
Aloha! Thanks for reading!
 Kelli 



P.S. Thank you Reese! It’s been a pleasure and an honor to be posting here today :)


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)