New Nikon Glass!

If you shoot as much as me, the limitations in your equipment become apparent very quickly. My two main zooms, the Nikon 80-200 2.8 AF-D and the Tamron 17-50 2.8, which were both solid lenses for their costs, began losing their edge in performance as the number of my jobs increased. Little things like AF hunting, misfocusing, or softness wide open decreased the chances I had to get photos on assignments, and it finally got to the point where I wasn't confident shooting with both lenses for an important event like a wedding.

That was my cue to upgrade. Lots of research followed, and after having multiple opportunities to shoot with two of Nikon's top zoom lenses, the 70-200 2.8 VRII and the 17-55 2.8G, (thank you David!) I decided they would fulfill my needs as a professional photographer. It was a BIG jump (cost wise), but I purchased both. They are featured in the image above. (SB900 thru softbox camera right, reflector camera left).

Now, having used them on several assignments, I am still tripping out on how sharp and fast these lenses are! Nikon loaded up these two guys with a menagerie of features, and it shows in the field. How will these lenses ultimately affect my work? One word. Opportunity.

Happy Tuesday!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)