Thankful During Thanksgiving...

These days, everyone is busy. So busy to the point, where we forget all the great things we have in our lives. Thanksgiving, from its historical roots, has always been about giving thanks to everything from good food, to good company, and I thought today would be a great time to reflect on some of the things in my life that I am lucky to have. Without further ado, here's my list:

1. Thankful for having a wonderful and close-knit family. We eat dinners together (no TV's or other distractions), and although my sisters are overseas, we skype with them every couple weeks or call.

2. Thankful for being in a career that moves me. Every week is an adventure with the Isle Media team, whether it's meeting new couples, helping film a music video, or shooting a wedding at a new venue. With the number of people these days who work jobs only to make ends meet, I'm very lucky to be where I am!

3. Thankful to live in Hawaii. Clean water, beautiful scenery, cool people, the list goes on.

4. Thankful to have traveled as much as I have so far (22 states, 4 countries). The photo above was taken from my recent trip to Oregon a couple weeks ago. I decided to wander around Portland, and found myself on the Broadway Bridge, where I shot this panorama on my phone (click for a larger view) Traveling gives me a glimpse into life beyond Hawaii, and how much more there is to the world.

5. Thankful for my friends. It sounds generic, but it's amazing how much of an influence friends have on your life. They fill that social space between family and work, and really enrich my life.

6. Thankful for my health. Watching a beautiful sunset, going out for an energizing run, listening to music on my ipod. Some people aren't able to do those things. Don't forget that.

7. Thankful to be alive.


What are you thankful for?


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)