Looking Back on 2011...

Looking back on 2011, I feel like the surfer in the photo above. This year has been an adrenaline ride, with so much happening, and it's not until I turn around, that I realize just how big of a wave I've been riding. For this post, I've compiled a list of highlights of this year, each of which was significant in some shape or form to me. In the midst of all the client meetings, email conversations, phone calls, location shoots, and editing sessions, it's easy for me to lose sight of how much I've done this year, so this my way of making sense of everything :)

1. 
Withdrawing from graduate school to pursue a career in professional photography
2. Hired as a photographer for Isle Media 
3. Experiencing the Eddie Aikau, even though it didn't run all the way through
4. Shooting 17 weddings (15 on Oahu, 1 on Maui, 1 in Oregon)
5. Official Fleeting Captures website and Facebook page!
6. Exploring light painting with MZ.
7. Shooting official portraits of UH President Greenwood.
8. Work printed in Midweek, Hawaii Herald, and Star Advertiser
9. Collaborating with 24 models on a broad range of photoshoots
10. Transitioning into a new workflow with Lightroom 3.
11. Business cards!
12. Wireless flash freedom with Pocket Wizard flash triggers
13. Shooting an entire magazine for JABSOM (John A. Burns School of Medicine)
14. Photos of President Obama's motorcade during APEC
15. Big Island vacation with college friends
16. 
35,000 page views on the blog! 
17. Food photography for Ramen Ya, then getting to eat all the meals that were cooked for the shoot.
18. Making the cover of the final issue of Malamalama Magazine
19. Photography for UH Chancellor's Annual Report for APEC
20. New lenses! (Nikon 17-55 2.8G, Nikon 70-200 2.8 VRII, Nikon 50 1.8G, Sigma 85 1.4, Sigma 10-20)
21. First large print sale to Alisa and Joel
22. 
Lightning display over Honolulu 
23. Photo adventures with Kelli!
24. Seeing and photographing the Milky Way on the Big Island
25. 
Learning about the wedding industry thru Isle Media
26. Prince Lot Festival
27. Enormous South Shore Swell at Magic Island
28. Brenizer Method
29. Listening to Willie K at a wedding for the first time
30. 
Realizing just how lucky I am to live in Hawaii :) 


5 comments :

  1. It truly seems like you had an amazing year and I'm so honored to have been part of it. I really appreciate your art, Reese. Thank you and may the new year be even greater! :)

    Filipa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Filipa! I am so glad we were able to collaborate together on some model shoots this year! Best wishes to you for 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I made the list!!

    I'm really glad that I got to meet you this year Reese! :D
    You are really awesome and super talented.
    Best of luck in this year to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese,

    We are so truly lucky to have found you. We have grown so much TOGETHER and I can't wait for whats to come in 2012. And it's just the start.

    Much love from all of us at Isle Media,
    Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelli: Likewise :D Thank you for everything, and best of luck to you for 2012!

    Alan: It's so rewarding to be a team member of a company that's grown by leaps and bounds in such a short time, and I am very very stoked about Isle Media for 2012! And indeed, it's just the start :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Archive

Total Page Views (Oct 2010 - present)